Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG)
WE INVITE YOU TO GIVE FMIG A TRY!
- Family Medicine is the medical specialty which provides continuing and comprehensive health care for the individual and family. The scope of family medicine emcompasses all ages, both sexes, each organ system, and every disease. Opportunities within family medicine include Obstetrics, Gynecology, Pediatrics, Sports Medicine, Research, Palliative/End of Life Care, Adolescent Medicine, and much, much, more.
- We are an interest group dedicated to helping medical students learn more about the ultimate specialty, FAMILY MEDICINE!
- We offer social events, guest speakers, clinical workshops, a mentoring program, and LOTS MORE!
- We also invite students to apply for free membership to the American Academy of Family Physicians, a free subscription to American Family Physician and to become involved with the local Michigan Academy of Family Physicians. All student members are encouraged to help plan statewide student events and have an opportunity to attend state and national conferences.
- New first year student leaders from CHM are sought each year.
Mission statement East Lansing FMIG:
We, Family Medicine Interest Group for the College of Human Medicine's East Lansing campus exist to foster interest in family medicine within the student body and community, prepare students to meet the myriad needs of patients, and to educate the student community on different topics in primary care by providing relevant hands-on learning experiences
Mission statement Grand Rapids FMIG:
We, the Family Medicine Interest Group for the College of Human Medicine's Grand Rapids Campus exist to grow the interest and awareness of Family Medicine within our campus and community, work to provide opportunities for students to explore special topics within the discipline including International Medicine, Research, Sports Medicine and more correlating experiences with the pre-clinical curriculum; We also strive to enhance the student bodies social and cultural awareness by providing community outreach projects to allow the students to contribute to the world around us.
FMIG East Lansing Executive Board: msuchm firstname.lastname@example.org: Kelsey Behan, Emily Brooks, Joann Samalik, Stephanie Tufano, and Sarah Beth Robbins
FMIG Grand Rapids Executive Board: email@example.com: Pete DeJong, Dan Drake, Anne Frederick, Kayli Pioszak, and Katie Zurek
Faculty Liaison East Lansing: Julie Phillips, MD
Faculty Liaison Grand Rapids: John Cavacece, MD
East Lansing Staff Support: Karla Cody
Grand Rapids Staff Support: Deb Cleland, RN