MidMichigan Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program - Gratiot
Arturas Klugas, MD
MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot
Family Medicine Resident Program
300 E. Warwick Drive
Alma, Michigan 48801
In collaboration with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, MidMichigan Medical Center, Gratiot is an unopposed new three-year program approved for training allopathic medicine.
The MSU/MidMichigan Medical Center - Gratiot Family Medicine Residency Program, located in Alma, Michigan, is focused on rural, community-based hospital and clinical practice. Most physician office rotations and all continuity clinics will be based in Alma.
Our program received approval by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in October 2015. We will admit the inaugural class of four first-year residents in Summer 2016. You will see our program listed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS):
ACGME ID: 1202500734
Program Name: Michigan State University Program
Specialty: Family Medicine
Applications must be completed through ERAS, and we will accept applications for first year residents only through the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP).
Key items and unique features/benefits are:
- Our program is new and the intimate size allows for tailored training to meet the needs of each resident.
- The resident training will take place at MidMichigan Medical Center-Gratiot Hospital, within the Family Practice Center (located on the grounds of the hospital), as well as physician office rotations. The inpatient pediatric experience will be completed at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Michigan.
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Gratiot is the only hospital in the community with a large population of patients with diverse, complex illnesses and pathology. The hospital offers services in Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Hematology/Oncology, Radiology. The Medicine, Surgery, and OB/GYN services are busy and fully supportive of resident education.
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Gratiot offers Inpatient Rehabilitation, Inpatient Psychiatry (including geriatric psychiatry), and a Wound Care Treatment Center with hyperbaric treatment chambers.
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Gratiot operates a busy emergency department as is in the process of obtaining a Level Three Trauma Verification.
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Gratiot operates a comprehensive cancer center that includes medical oncology, radiation oncology, and hematology
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Gratiot surgeons have established a bariatric center of excellence which is complimented by a medical weight management program.
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Gratiot offers a state of the art simulation laboratory learning environment.
- Our program is less than an hour away from Lansing and close to “up north.”
- Alma Michigan is located in the heart of the Lower Peninsula, and has community resources, such as Alma College and Michigan Masonic Pathways.