Applications now available for The Integrated Medical School and Family Medicine Residency (TIP) Program
We are thrilled to announce the next cycle of The Integrated Medical School and Family Medicine Residency (TIP) Program for fourth year medical students at the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine (CHM).
This program is for CHM medical students who:
- Currently are in their third year of medical school and are interested in a career in family medicine
- Are looking for additional training and experience in leadership, scholarship or community outreach/public health
- Have a strong interest in the participating communities where we have CHM Family Medicine residencies and would like to do their residency in one of these programs
- Are looking for an experience to ease the transition to residency and that allows them to participate in residency experiences as fourth year students
- Would benefit from a $20,000 commitment by the residencies to them.
For the 2013-2014 academic year, the following residency programs will participate in TIP:
- Grand Rapids
- Upper Peninsula
The CHM Integrated Medical School and Family Medicine Residency Program is a transitional fourth year medical school experience that continues into residency. It offers several benefits for both medical students and the residency program. Many medical students know they want to enter Family Medicine, know where they would like to be trained and are looking for that additional extra to become leaders in their discipline. Residency programs want the best students with the highest likelihood of staying in their communities. They want to create opportunities in which their residents thrive and lead their discipline forward.
Applications are due March 1, 2013.
Henry C. Barry, MD, MS
B104b Clinical Center
Department of Family Medicine, College of Human Medicine
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824