Amanda Shoemaker, MD, and Jill Stephenson-McCole, MD, were presented with the Lansing Community Faculty of the Year Award
Practicing mid-Michigan family physicians gathered for dinner and a program on April 24, 2014, at Michigan State University’s Kellogg Center in East Lansing to share The Joy of Teaching Medical Students. Those who have served as community preceptors for students in the family medicine clerkship were honored, and new preceptors were invited to join the department and teach students in their offices.
Amanda Shoemaker, MD, and Jill Stephenson-McCole, MD, Sparrow Medical Group Holt, received the MSU-CHM Lansing Campus Family Medicine Preceptor of the Year award.
Welcome: William Wadland, MD, MS, Department Chair
- How We Select Preceptors: Julie Phillips, MD, MPH
- Resources for Preceptors: Steve Roskos, MD
- Best Practices for Precepting: Kenya I. Sekoni, MD, FAAFP
- Keynote Speaker: Dan Webster, MD Community Assistant Dean, Traverse City Campus
- Community Faculty Appreciation: Jamie Kantola and Julie Phillips, MD, MPH