Dr. Walsworth is an associate professor in the Department of Family Medicine and serves as both associate chair for clinical affairs and medical director for the Family Health Center. He came to MSU from Oakwood, where he was vice chief of Family Medicine at Oakwood Annapolis Hospital, associate program director of the Family Medicine Residency Program, and unit medical director of their Healthcare Center in Westland. He received his medical degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine and completed his family practice residency at Oakwood Hospital & Medical Center, Dearborn. He then completed the OMERAD Primary Care Faculty Development Fellowship in 2002. He serves on the board of directors for both the Michigan State Medical Society and the Michigan Academy of Family Physicians.
- Invited Presenter, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine’s Your Health Lecture Series: Staying Healthy – Appropriate Health Screenings in Adults (Reimbursed) • Lake Superior State University, Crawford Hall, Sault Ste Marie, MI, February 17, 2016 • War Memorial Hospital, Medical Library, Sault Ste Marie, MI, February 18, 2016 • Northern Michigan University, West Science Building, Marquette, MI, February 18, 2016 • Marquette General Hospital, Conference Room 1, Marquette, MI, February 19, 2016
- Invited Moderator, Capitol Area Physicians Experience Symposium, Leona Training Center, Okemos, MI, April 14, 2016
- Invited Presenter, New Jersey Academy of Family Physicians’ The Many Facets of Chronic Pain Management, Michigan Academy of Family Physicians Annual Conference and Expo, Double Tree by Hilton, Bay City, MI, July 11, 2016
- Invited Course Director, Content Developer and Presenter, American Academy of Family Physicians Chronic Conditions Course, Marriott Resort and Spa, Hilton Head, SC, July 13-16, 2016
- Invited Presenter, Reviewing Presentations for Potential Conflicts of Interest, Michigan Academy of Family Physicians Foundation, Webinar, October 27, 2015