Robin H. DeMuth, MD, has primary responsibilities in teaching clinical skills at the medical student level. She also has clinical responsibilities and participates in scholarly activities and special assignments. She earned her BA at Rice University in Texas and received her MD from the MSU College of Human Medicine in 2004. She is a 2007 graduate of the Sparrow/MSU Family Medicine Residency Program in Lansing, where she followed the obstetrics track with an academic focus. She maintains an out-patient practice, rounds on hospital patients with the family medicine residents, and performs obstetric and newborn care.
- Gold J; DeMuth R; Mavis B; Wagner D. Progress testing 2.0: Clinical skills meets necessary science. Medical Education Online. 2015;20(1):1-4.
- WinklerPrins V, DeMuth R, Phillips JP, Wagner D. DifflnE: A clinical tool to promote diagnostic reasoning. STFM Messenger, 2012.
- Biggs WS, Demuth RH. Premenstrual syndrome and premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Am Fam Physician. 2011 Oct 15;84(8):918-24.
- DeMuth R, Phillips J, Wagner D. An OSCE remediation experience focused on diagnostic reasoning. Med Teach. 2011;33(7):592-3.
- Wagner D, Roskos SE, Demuth R, Mavis B. Development and evaluation of a health record online submission tool (HOST). Medical Education Online, 2010;19(15):5350.
- March 2015: DeMuth R, Phillips JP. Evaluating DifflnE as an assessment tool for diagnostic reasoning. MSU Dept of Family Medicine, East Lansing, MI.
- January 2015: DeMuth R, Phillips JP, Wagner D, Henry R. (Poster) Evaluation of the DifflnE tool's utility in evaluation of medical student diagnostic reasoning skills. STFM Conference on Medical Student Education, Atlanta, GA,.
- April 2014: DeMuth R, Wagner D. Integrated assessment of basic science knowledge and clinical skills: CardioSim, 16th Ottawa Conference on Assessment, Ottawa, Canada.
- January 2014: DeMuth R, Phillips JP, Hustedde CG, Dickson GM. Facing students' professionalism problems: Strategies for feedback and reflection. STFM Conference on Medical Student Education, Nashville, TX.
- 2011–Present: Advisor, FAMS – Families Attending Medical School
- 2011–Present: Advisor, Med Flag
- 2011–Present: CHM, Curriculum Advisory Group.
- Medical Education
- Clinical Skills Education
- Patient-centered Communication Education
- Health Record Writing Education
- Educational Assessment