In collaboration with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, MidMichigan Medical Center, Gratiot is an unopposed new three-year program approved for training allopathic medicine.
The MSU/MidMichigan Medical Center – Gratiot Family Medicine Residency Program, located in Alma, Michigan, is focused on rural, community-based hospital and clinical practice. Most physician office rotations and all continuity clinics will be based in Alma.
Our program received approval by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in October 2015. We will admit the inaugural class of four first-year residents in Summer 2016. You will see our program listed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS):
ACGME ID: 1202500734
Program Name: Michigan State University Program
Specialty: Family Medicine
Applications must be completed through ERAS, and we will accept applications for first year residents only through the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP).
- Our program is new, and the intimate size allows for tailored training to meet your needs.
- Alma is a safe, affordable college town in the heart of the Lower Peninsula.
- MidMichigan Medical Center-Gratiot is the sole hospital in the community. It has a large population of patients with diverse, complex illnesses and pathology.
- The hospital’s medical specialties include Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Hem/Onc, Radiology, Surgery, OB/Gyn and more. Specialized services include:
- An inpatient rehabilitation unit with a CARF-accredited stroke program
- Inpatient psychiatry and a specialized geriatric psychiatry program
- A Wound Treatment Center with hyperbaric treatment chambers
- A busy emergency department in the process of obtaining Level Three Trauma verification
- A comprehensive cancer center offering medical oncology, radiation oncology, and hematology
- A bariatric surgery center of excellence complemented by a medical weight management program
- A state-of-the-art simulation laboratory.